Steering Team adopts a new blueprint for UMBUG going forward
In response to the challenges of finding meeting times and schools to host; requests for greater lead-time and shorter sessions, and more opportunities to build community among those doing similar jobs using Banner, the Steering Team adopted the following changes:
- Move to one large conference per year in October - the summer conference that has been in June will be dropped; seeing as there are 4 Wisconsin schools and 10 Minnesota schools, there will be 2 conference locations in MN for every 1 in WI
- Annual conference format - 2 full days; sessions of 50 minutes each; high demand sessions may be repeated; replace the keynote with one large morning session on day one for the global Ellucian topics; stay away from EDUCAUSE to help ensure greater Ellucian participation
- Proposed annual conference times and locations - these are pending approval:
- October, 2018; University of Northwestern St. Paul
- October, 2019; St. Norbert College
- Establish track chairs to engage those by functional groupings – such as Student, Financial Aid, Finance, Advancement, Human Resources; Planning Team will meet to discuss how we can develop and support these tracks with the intent that each track would meet twice a year – this may vary depending on the business cycles associated with each respective track. Track chairs would also assist in identifying sessions and presenters for their respective tracks at the annual meeting. UMBUG will acquire a standard tool to use for communications such as a web-ex tool.
Save the dates: Monday, October 22, through Tuesday, October 23, 2018
University of Northwestern St. Paul to host expanded Fall Conference
Thanks to our colleagues at the University of Northwestern - St. Paul for hosting the first of the newly expanded two-day conference format in the Fall of 2018. Watch the Home page for details as these become available.
Summary of the past 10 years of UMBUG conferences
In the Fall of 2017, UMBUG celebrated our 10th anniversary – you can see the history of how UMBUG has evolved over the years starting with 7 member schools in 2007 by clicking the link below:
UMBUG Conference history »